Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug in 1.4g and suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Bug in 1.4g and suggestion Empty Bug in 1.4g and suggestion

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:06 am

I'm pretty sure it's been brought to your attention by now, but in 1.4g, the deer, swamp creatures, and prawns are considered 'allies' to the wolves and you can only injure them with spell abilities.

Anyways, the key features in the game is a fight for survival -- notably the constant mana/food decay.

Though it actively gives a reason (besides the exp buff) for players to stay together if they wanna eat, it soon manifests itself as the core reason for playing; most games start off as a quick rush to get the high levels and then it stays there because everyone is trying not to starve.

How about slowing down the mana/food decay (or food decay without losing health) or removing it entirely?

The pros of this (I think) would be:

1. Wolves will still be tasked to hunt and replenish mana/food so they can use their abilties. If injured and starving, they can't lick their wounds, thus making them vulnerable without them having to lose health.

2. With starvation being a secondary issue, wolves can explore the map and focus on achieving 'territory' (and the secret wolves) instead of camping the center area for food.

3. PVP can start somewhat early in the game and evenly, meaning both sides will be in good health/food and it won't turn into a follow-and-pick-off-the-starving chase.

Overall, with the direction of the game (new wolves and playable hunters), the food decay may prove to be more of a severely painful disadvantage. The hunters can ping the location of the wolves, have high-damage and range units which can easily kill the two packs for their whole 6 lives.

Back to top Go down

Bug in 1.4g and suggestion Empty Re: Bug in 1.4g and suggestion

Post by Firemonkey Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:14 pm

Lolwut? Another fan? Kewl.

I'm pretty sure it's been brought to your attention by now, but in
1.4g, the deer, swamp creatures, and prawns are considered 'allies' to
the wolves and you can only injure them with spell abilities.

Yes dark knows about the deer allies and all that however idk if he fixed it or still doesn't know the cause of it.

Though it actively gives a reason (besides the exp buff) for
players to stay together if they wanna eat, it soon manifests itself as
the core reason for playing; most games start off as a quick rush to
get the high levels and then it stays there because everyone is trying not to starve.

I see what you mean by staying at high levels but in a useual game, that means not 1.4g, games tend to be like that because of the hunt for the other team.

How about slowing down the mana/food decay (or food decay without losing health) or removing it entirely?

Removing the mana/food from the game would ruin its gameplay completely. The game is based on acted like a wolf and hunting prey.

Overall, with the
direction of the game (new wolves and playable hunters), the food decay
may prove to be more of a severely painful disadvantage. The hunters
can ping the location of the wolves, have high-damage and range units
which can easily kill the two packs for their whole 6 lives.

A nerf to the hunters could be needed however i seem to think otherwise. In a version besides 1.4g, the wolves can pretty much rape the hunters because most of the time new players when given the chance to be a hunter end up leaving instead.

Wow anyways nice job on that feedback. Do you play on US.EAST? If so stop by clan bfac sometime.
Firemonkey
Firemonkey
Super Active Member
Super Active Member

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Yay, someone actually visited the website on their own accord!

I'm pretty sure it's been brought to your attention by now, but in
1.4g, the deer, swamp creatures, and prawns are considered 'allies' to
the wolves and you can only injure them with spell abilities.
Don't remind me >.< I'm trying as hard as I can to fix it, but there's no logical explanation as to why it's happening in the first place.

Though it actively gives a reason (besides the exp buff) for players to
stay together if they wanna eat, it soon manifests itself as the core
reason for playing; most games start off as a quick rush to get the
high levels and then it stays there because everyone is trying not to starve.
Really? In most games I play (or see), the only time there's a rush for food is after a big battle or when the pack has 3 werewolves. (which shouldn't happen to begin with)
And that's logical; after a big fight the pack should be hungry.

All I can do is slow it down a little. Too much, and it's useless. But I have to have the loss of life at 0 food. That's starvation; the entire point of having this system in the first place.

If injured and starving, they can't lick their wounds,
I can remove the mana cost from Lick Wounds quite easily, but you need to understand that this is where the pack element comes in. Your pack, and you with your pack, need to bring each other back up by fighting together so you can get food quickly, and then do some sleeping/healing. If you have an alpha female in your pack, it takes a fraction of the time. (Every pack should have a female.)

The hunters can ping the location of the wolves, have high-damage and
range units which can easily kill the two packs for their whole 6 lives.
I usually see the hunters get eaten alive when alone, and sometimes in pairs. (Unless of course, they reach level 14ish or higher). I might cap hunter levels and nerf them a bit, but I haven't done enough active playtesting with them to truely see if they need a nerfing or not.

Thanks for your input. I'll give it some thought and see what I can do. I will not be removing the food decay, but I can try to slow it down a bit (just a bit).
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Wow anyways nice job on that feedback. Do you play on US.EAST? If so stop by clan bfac sometime.

Yeah, I'm US.EAST and would be glad to.

Thanks for your input. I'll give it some thought and see what I can do. I will not be removing the food decay, but I can try to slow it down a bit (just a bit).

Thank you. I really like the game a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks again! Feel free to become an active member of the community, clan member or not. I encourage it Very Happy

I slowed the food decay a little bit, it's now 1.5 food every 2.5 seconds, or 2.5 food if your health is below 25%.

I figured out that the bug with the neutrals not being converted was caused by Vex's Optimizer v4.7b. I downgraded to 4.6 and it looks like everything works okay. I'll do some more testing and (hopefully) get a final, stable, okay, not bugged, fixed, (insert more stuff here) version out. AT LAST. Oi vey, troublesome last 3 weeks.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firemonkey Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 pm

Sleepywolf i forgot to ask what your bnet account name was. I'am just asking because i seem to be getting a random person whispering me. His name starts with xx and then ends with xx.
Firemonkey
Firemonkey
Super Active Member
Super Active Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FurryRage Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:04 pm

I totally disagree with the food nerf and the hunter nerf.

food loss was ok, really, you rarely end starving, and that's usually after big battles which provide many corpses to eat. I dunno what it was previously, 2 per 2.5 and 3 when under 25% health?
also, hunters really get raped by the wolves unless they're all really acting together and there is like 4/5 of them at high level (even as a level 20 hunter against a level 11 female on 1 vs 1 I got raped...)
even if dark buffed them in 1.4g, I don't think they deserve to get nerfed, that was the whole point of the buff (if it occured) in the first place.

And to finish, I'd add that if you know how to play the map (which I'm sure you'll learn soon, it's not that difficult) it's pretty easy and you can powerlevel rapidly and wipe out the opposite clan in like 30 minutes or less.
FurryRage
FurryRage

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://epictales.free.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Firemonkey Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:23 pm

food loss was ok, really, you rarely end starving, and that's
usually after big battles which provide many corpses to eat. I dunno
what it was previously, 2 per 2.5 and 3 when under 25% health?

Nah i like the nerf giving more mana for spells and such

also, hunters really get raped by the wolves unless they're all really
acting together and there is like 4/5 of them at high level (even as a
level 20 hunter against a level 11 female on 1 vs 1 I got raped...)

Agreed that the wolves useually rape the hunters.

And to finish, I'd add that if you know how to play the map (which
I'm sure you'll learn soon, it's not that difficult) it's pretty easy
and you can powerlevel rapidly and wipe out the opposite clan in like
30 minutes or less.

Its pack v pack but it would be nice to elimnate clan nbw. Furry its average bnet players, it takes them twice as long to learn how to play a game. Most players however follow what we say but we sometimes get those retards who prefer to go off and do their own thing.
Firemonkey
Firemonkey
Super Active Member
Super Active Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:40 pm

The hunters aren't being nerfed. I'm almost tempted to buff them somehow, but I'm not sure. It's really hard balance, because if one player dies in a 5v5 game, it's then 4v5v1, and that 1 is gonna die. A lot. I guess I'll try to keep working on balancing it.

In other news, a stable 1.4g is ready to go; I found the problem, but the program maker wants me to do some final testing to confirm the bugs. So, I should have it released very very soon.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 am

Final WPA version for now has been released. More information in news post.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Firemonkey Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Kewl lets play a game nowz plox.