Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DotA Assault

+4
darkwulfv
Killer2c
sniperwolf777
Myre
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DotA Assault Empty DotA Assault

Post by Myre Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:44 pm

This is a map me and Sniper came up with a while ago. It's basically like Eve of The Apocalypse, only all the heroes are based off of clan members, like me, Dark, Sniper, and such. Post all your hero information, such as model, soundset, 12 abilities (three of them you learn as you level up including ultimate), and the rest you pay cash for, a name for a spell-book like thing (Ex. Mine is Bag 'o Tricks), and any suggestions you have for us. Also, a hero type would be appreciated. (Ex. Mine is "Myre the level 1 Lunatic.) DotA player's attack the fortress of Clan BFaC, where we defend ourselves using everything we've got against hordes of angry ten year olds. DotA Assault is not the final name of the map, I just had no idea what to call it.

In short, I need 9 abilities for your spell book, 2 you level up as you progress, and your ultimate, a model, a soundset, hero title, spell-book name, and suggestions. The 9 abilities will probably not be leveled up, but just a one-time purchase.

Last edited by Myre on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Myre
Myre

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

DotA Assault Empty Re: DotA Assault

Post by sniperwolf777 Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:47 pm

I am Sniperwolf777 the troll king
My spell book is Troll handbook
As you said on steam. i have the
1.Asshattery aura: Lowering enemy hp and damage
2.Dota disguise. Turning me invisible
3.Haxx:Increase attack speed and damage. However stunning for a few seconds after
4. Safety dance: do the safety dance Turning yourself invunrable
5.For the Lulz: Removes Troll's Remorse, instantly healing 500 HP.
6.Lie: Lie to a dota player Converting them to a wpa player.
7.Summon ninjafluff: Summons the almighty ninjafluffy. A creep that attacks all things. (giant rabbit with entagling roots.(hes the guy who banned me)
8.Aura of fail: Causes all nearby enemies to fail Missing there attacks (30% chance to misss)
9. Sarcasm: Be sarcastic tricking enemies into liking you. Giving you a chance to do critical damage
10. Run like hell: Find out a moderator is coming increasing movement speed
11.Share the blame: The troll blames everything around him sharing the damage to allies
12. Rat: The troll rats on someone for a cookie. Turning nearby creeps on that creep
ULTI:eat spam (metamorphasis)
Dwarf rifleman Model
Gyrocopter soundset (I find them annoying as hell)
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-04-30

http://www.sniperswithoutfear.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer2c Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Killer2c The Dark Templar

Skills:

1.Martyrdom: The Dark Templar sacrifices a fountain of their own blood and infuses their brethren with unnatural regeneration for a brief time.

2.Drain life: This blood rite enables the Dark Templar to absorb blood spilled by them in battle. A fraction of the damage the caster inflicts will be converted into instant healing. (duuuh)

3.Aura of Infusion: It grants the caster and any of their company a chance of recovering health when attacked.

4.Covenant of pestilence: This is a foul promise to spread misery and disease. Attacks against the templar have a chance of triggering a burst of poison damage on enemies nearby. The templar's movement is mildly restricted as they suffer wracking coughs.

5.Pestilential Body: Summons a poisonous gas that damages enemies in the vicinity, but will also restrict the Dark Templar’s movement.

6.Ritual of Blood: Sacrifices Xhp(not sure how much)% gain 2x X mp(sacrified hp) 

7.Soul Leech: For X seconds, whenever foe casts a spell, you steal M to N Health from that foe. (only if you are going to add heroes in the dota forces)

8.Pain Rush: sacrifice X% hp gains + Y% atack speed and movement speed

9.???

Ultimate:Psionic Absorption: absorbs some mana around him or from his target to restore some lost energies and converts some to Psionic energy. Whenever Kiler2c attacks, he regains mana depending on his maximum mana. Note that he regains depending on his maximum mana not from the target's mana, from his current mana or from his damage. Regain mana is 1%,2%,3% etc

Btw heres the model

DotA Assault Models12by Norinrad http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48129&prev=search%3Ddark%2520templar%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Soundset: I think apropiate one is demon hunter

Have Fun Reading! Smile

~Killer2c

Last edited by Killer2c on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Killer2c
Killer2c

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Killer, if you want me to, I can make a Dark Templar soundset for you. But it'll take time and it will be one of the last things I do. Also, I need to know which two abilities you'd like to be able to level up as your hero advances. 8 spells are fine. I do need to know what your spell-book ability will be called. For now I'll just call it 'Psionic Powers'. Also, are you saying that you want to use health as well as mana to cast your spells?
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer2c Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:35 pm

okay, you can make the sound set,but as you said,make it as a low priority thing, and, well the hp sacrifice makes you lose life, but also, the effects have to be conisderable with the sacrifice.Hmmm, how about spell #3 and #2?
Killer2c
Killer2c

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:09 pm

At first I was like "wtf is this no way" but then I realized what it really was, lol.

I'll add my hero later, promise.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Yeah, when I saw this, I thought: "Wtf, Dota #2?"

And I'll Edit this post with my hero when I finish. Razz
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldendercon Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 pm

I'll add mine too, later, thanks myre, now I finally have something to kill my time...
Goldendercon
Goldendercon
Art Moderator
Art Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:59 pm

can we get a project color for This?
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainFluffy Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:13 am

CaptainFluffy the Fluffy Asian
My spellbook: Yellow Spellbook
1. Item Steal : Steals a DotA player's rigged weapon from him, doubling my damage for a short while.
2. Small Eyes : For a period of time, have 80% more chance to miss an opponent. But if successful in hitting, releases couple of shockwaves dealing x amount of damage and knocking back several enemies.
3. Taekwondo Training:(Passive) Training for taekwondo has increased Fluffy's endurance and speed. Attack speed increased by x%. Movement speed increased by x%. Armor or Hp increased by x.
4. Kimchi Fart : Releases poisonous gas in a large x radius. For every second the enemy is in gas, HP is reduced by x%. x% chance for enemy to be stunned for 1.5 seconds.
5. Fluff tonic: Entangles nearby enemies in fluff for a period of time, they lose x hp while entangled.
6. Drafted :(Aura) Every man is drafted into the army if they want to become a citizen, increase your and nearby unit's damage by x%. And armor by x.
7. Soju : Captain drinks soju and deals x% more damage but loses x hp every second. Lasts x seconds.
8. Asian Meditation : Fluffy has no idea how he learned this but, he meditates to find inner peace inside his body, takes 2.5 seconds to cast. Heals 50% of Fluffy's life over 35 seconds. During this time, his damage is reduced by 30% and his attack speed by 40%.
9. 1337 Speak : Fluffy tries to speak like a DotA player. They're ears bleed, so enemies in a x radius lose x amount of hp over time and deals x% less damage.
ULTIMATE= Electric Fly Swatter: Captain wields an electric fly swatter, shocking all nearby enemies in a x radius when activated. Each attack slows the enemy's movement speed by 50%. Also, Captain gets a x% attack bonus with this during this time of effect.

Level-Up Skills:
1. Rice Throw : Throws a bunch of rice at a designated location, deals x damage to all units in the area. damage increase per level.
2. Spin Kick : Kicks a unit, deals x damage, and knocks it back, stunned for x seconds. Stun time and damage increase per level.

Shaman model (Slightly more yellow)
Soundset is spirit wolf, or farseer.
This is all for now.
PLOX REVIEW AGAIN. HAS BEEN EDITED

Last edited by CaptainFluffy on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:21 am; edited 3 times in total
CaptainFluffy
CaptainFluffy
Super Active Member
Super Active Member

Male
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:33 am

Myre if it aint to much trouble killer found this model DotA Assault Skins_1623_screenshot
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=61146&prev=search%3Ddwarf%2520rifleman%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20#poststop
Unless its to much trouble to redo the spells it dont matter. im just saying if its easy Razz
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:24 am

Mooo-Gunsniper, The Tauren Druid

Model
DotA Assault Models_2018_screenshot_tnb
Whitemane Druid

Soundset: Cairne

Abilities
Ability Name: Spiritual Codex

Leveled - Brute Strength - Being in so many battles, the druid has had to withstand physical attacks. Each level increases the strength stat, health, and health regeneration.

Leveled - Spiritual Training - The druid's mind has grown and learned many things after years of training and tutoring. Every level increases the intelligence stat, mana, and mana regeneration.

Mend - (Just another name for the Heal Ability)

Mighty Swing - Having such a large axe, the druid can slash more than one target.

Ethereal Form - The Druid phases into the spirit world, and appears as an ethereal being. Allowing him to shift in and out of battle. In this form, the druid cannot attack or cast spells, but at the same time, as long as he is in his spiritual form, he will gradually start losing mana. Once the druid is siphoned of all his mana, he is forced back into the real world.

Rejuvenating Link - Links several units in a bond, gradually regenerating both mana and health for all allies effected by this spell.

Forest Barrier - When used on this hero, it creates a layer of trees around the druid to put him out of reach from melee units. Otherwise, when used on an empty space, it creates a wall of trees. Cannot be used on other units and spawned trees disappear after a short time.

Holy Surge - An AoE spell that heals all allied living units by 100, but damages all enemy undead units for half. Every level increases the amount healed/damaged by 50.

Summon Elemental - Opens up a selection of spawns to choose from. Spawns disappear after a while.
Water Elemental - Basic, well-rounded unit that can go through trees and units. (Best for ambushing) [Very Short Ranged]
Wind Elemental - Fast, flies, very weak attack and health. Invisible as long as it stays still. (Best for scouting) [Short Ranged]
Earth Elemental - Large, slow, lots of health and defense. Has rock skin and hardened skin. (Best for tanking) [Melee]
Fire Elemental - Good damage and range, but low health. Attacks splash and it sets them ablaze. (Best for support) [Ranged]

Regeneration Aura - Increases both health and mana regeneration.

Force Blast - An AoE blast is launched at an enemy unit. Any enemies killed by this spell will be converted into mana for the druid.

Ultimate - Wrath - The Druid channels all his energy into the air, sending powerful lightning bolts down upon all enemies in a large range around the caster. Powerful, but it completely drains the druid of his energy, temporarily disabling him.
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

Dude, that name is really bad. Not only is Dota a bad game, you'll make people think it is a new stolen version from it.
I suggest the names:

"BFAC's Fortress Defense/Survival"
"BFAC's Final Stand/Assault"

Also this map has potential. With players on both sides you could by squads or waves to make the final attacks.

Finally, you had a great idea asking people for their heroes. Although this will save you from the trouble of creating the spells and thinking on them, you are also not starting with the right foot - it is a common mistake for beginners to start a map searching for models. This is bad, once the map evolves you will soon want to get rid of models and icon imports so you can have enough memory to add a good terrain and good codes and systems. Be aware of such, I talk by self experience.

Anyway, good to know this has a chance. Btw, if darkwukv approves this b4 CCFE, I will kill him =P
Question can I have a hero too ? =P

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 pm

This isnt gonna be a huge project. its more of a clan game. And if dota players/narutards start joining. Im troll enough to tell them off.
Edit:Btw phoenix Its not a attack/defend type game. It a Survival game. You defend your self from massive waves of attackers.
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Of course you can have a hero. Anyone on the forums can.

SERIOUS NEWS EDIT!!!!!

I will only be using WC3 models for now until everything falls into place and the map is working well. Until then, normal models will be used on all your heroes. I will be using map optimization and such to make the map file-size smaller, so there is still a pretty good chance of your models being used.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:27 pm

I chose my model for the hero partly because it has a low file size. Read the review on the bottom of the very first post. (And it's nice looking, lol)

"The low file size is a big plus"
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Lol myre got a very quick beta going. Its funny as hell
Come on dark give us a project color?
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer2c Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Hmmm standard models? I guess it will be avatar of vengeance then
Killer2c
Killer2c

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:59 pm

This isnt gonna be a huge project.
All good projects are huge, trust me again I have experience.

Of course you can have a hero. Anyone on the forums can.
Well, does the map accept vJASS ? because is it does I can trigger my own spells =P

I will only be using WC3 models for now until everything falls into
place and the map is working well. Until then, normal models will be
used on all your heroes.
A good decision in my view. You should now focus on making terrain and looking for code systems to sustain your map.
Some systems obligatory in good maps:
- Damage Detection system
- KnockBack system
- Timer Recycling system

Some other systems you may want to consider:
- Group recycling system (outdated now)
- Unit recycling system (only if you want)

I can give help choosing systems if you want.
Finally to choose hero, I advise a hero choose system. Not a crappy tavern like in dota, but instead an Icon system or a 3d Hero selection system.

What about a hero that flies ?? (when I say fly, I mean flying, not standing on ground hovering around like in stupid dota...) Ofc flying would be an ultimate ability.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:21 pm

I'll be using something similar to a hero tavern until I can get all the heroes established. A knockback system is needed for Fluffy's abilities, which I cannot code. I MAY accept VJass, but you will have to do it yourself because I'm not good at it. There might be a hero that flies, it all depends on what people ask for. What do you mean by Group, Unit, and Timer recycling? And what would the damage detection system do?

If people want, I may make it so a hero is chosen corresponding to their name, or a pop-up menu will appear for choosing heroes, but for now I'll stick with the lame tavern method.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am

Progress Report: Moos Hero has some abilities. (i think we havent tested him yet more on that later)
Fluffys hero has abilitys
My Hero has abilitys
Myres hero has abilitys
A small fort is up with spawning units.
Two fountains.
A tavern
A map made With human vs orc spawn to fool around with.
waygates instead of ramps
Moos hero
triple range for my hero

To do list: Add 30 damage to my hero
Nerf moos attack speed
Have gold finish killers hero
Force dark to make this a project
Make bigs his hero XD
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:37 am

The squads idea is now official. Each hero will have their own squad of units they can purchase.

Heroes will benefit their corresponding squads by granting them an ability they can use to help the war effort.

You can purchase any squad, but you will only be able to use YOUR squad's abilities.

The fortress will be expanded to about thrice it's current size. Three mortar emplacements will defend it, as well as provide crowd control so the map doesn't get too laggy.

On the topic of lag, different spawn rates will be selectable by vote.

To provide variety, there will be a computer you can access the forums with to get missions. The computer can also be used to purchase map-wide buffs, order ion cannon strikes, satellite imagery, and other things like that. For a price.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 pm

A knockback system is needed for Fluffy's abilities, which I cannot code. I MAY accept VJass, but you will have to do it yourself because I'm not good at it.

In order to import the best and most recent systems you will be forced to use vJASS.Because you can't code vJASS I assume this will be made with newb GUI.I offer my help to make any vJASS spells you may need.

There might be a hero that flies, it all depends on what people ask for

Since it would be my hero, I would like to make him fly =P

What do you mean by Group, Unit, and Timer recycling? And what would the damage detection system do?

Everytime you use a group, you can recicle it, and same with timers and units. This will give your map a huge boost in effiency because you won't need to be creating timers and groups and units all the time, you can merely resuse them.The damage detection system would allow you to make shield abilities and onDamage abilities. This means you would be able to code your own Critical Strike or your version of Evasion. I strongly recomend using a damage system as it is a great boost in the freedom you will have to create spells.

The squads idea is now official. Each hero will have their own squad of units they can purchase.

TO make a sqaud system I strongly recomend vJASS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer2c Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:16 pm

any pic of the work?or report of work?

Last edited by Killer2c on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Killer2c
Killer2c

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Because you can't code vJASS I assume this will be made with newb GUI.I offer my help to make any vJASS spells you may need.
Wow, great way to be a butt. Just because it's not in Vexorian-esque vJASS doesn't mean that it's in "newb GUI".

And personally, I think I should be in charge of what code does and does not go into this project. Too many maps are overloaded with 500000 vJASS systems for the sole purpose of them being "high tech". I could code this entire thing using only the basics of vJASS and it would be just as good as it would had I used epic vJASS.

Everytime you use a group, you can recicle it, and same with timers and
units. This will give your map a huge boost in effiency because you
won't need to be creating timers and groups and units all the time, you
can merely resuse them.
This is an unnecessary addition for spells that do not require a large flux of timers. It'd be a waste of code and effort to use timer recycling when timers are hardly used.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content