Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Progress

5 posters

Go down

Map Progress Empty Map Progress

Post by Myre Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:23 am

In order to better organize your heroes, I suggest that you all send me a PM regarding them. That way I can keep much better track of them. Now, onto more important things.

The map is still FAR from a playable version. So far the heroes are still being balanced. Eventually I will need a full house of each person playing their respective hero to see how they compliment each other in battle. Hero production is going relatively slow, as right now I am focusing on triggering everything correctly. After the heroes are completed, I will fine-tune the spawning, add difficulty settings, and other things of the sort. Here is a rouch progress report.

Heroes: 5% Done. Can't code EVERYTHING, (Yet) and there are still a lot of things I need to fine-tune.

Terrain: 10% Done. I have ideas for the terrain, but I'm also going to need suggestions, such as the layout of the DotA Castle, which CAN be assaulted (For a large sum of cash units will be teleported in.)

Spawns: Too low to get an estimate. There will need to be extreme amounts of balancing put into the spawns. BFaC's spawns will need to be overpowered eventually, where-as the heroes will truely be put to the test. I plan to allow DotA units to actually destroy the spawning area.

Items: 10% Done. These will most likely be finished last, to ensure balance is kept.

Upgrades: The DotA forces upgrade automatically. However, BFaC upgrades will need to be purchased by the players. (Income, Spawn Damage, Health, Speed, etc.)

Triggers: Too low to get an estimate. I still have much to do involving triggers, such as get the upgrade system going. (Which will not be much longer.) The BFaC SuperComputer must also be coded. This is the hub for all major BFaC additions, such as: upgrades, map-wide buffs, revealing the map, assuming control of base defenses, (The Mortar, Cannons, Subterranean Crawler Robots, things like that.) There will be a system for combining items (There will be a few weapons you can create, but mostly various other things, such as a flaming bag of poop or rocket proppelled children.(That wasn't a joke. Very Happy ))

NEW!! Various factions will be joining in on the war, such as: Pr0 G4m3r5, xXxEmoKidzxXx, and some other stuff.

UPCOMING FEATURES!! The ability to kidnap children for weapons, and cottage cheese.

There will be more announced later as I get more ideas, suggestions, and advance in progress.

Last edited by Myre on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Myre
Myre

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Map Progress Empty Re: Map Progress

Post by Killer2c Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

I guess there isnt any loading screen on work,right?
Killer2c
Killer2c

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Myre, no drug weapons. They're not funny, really. Children launching rocket, however, is funny.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Alright fine. I suppose it would give the clan a bad name. Scratch that.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:36 pm

I feel like I should make my character less serious before Myre finishes him. To spare Myre the trouble of remaking Mooo. O.o
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:16 am

He can be serious if you want him to, the heroes are made for the Clan Members, not for the map (If you get what I'm getting at). What you want your hero to be is what he will be. HOWEVER, if you choose to resubmit your hero with different abilities and such, I won't fix him before the others. It will be put at the end of the line as if I'm making a brand-new hero and haven't done anything with you yet.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Updated the thread with more information.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:36 am

If there is anything I can help you with. You know CCFE is open source, you are encouraged to use it's resources as long as you give credits xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 pm

DotA Assault is temporarily dead until either A. Into the Depths is in a playable state or B. Sniper gives me a good reason to work on it again.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:13 pm

You want a good reason? Because i god damn said so!

Think of all the fun we had? You fucking up the "Snipers alter ego" Spell Very Happy
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-04-30

http://www.sniperswithoutfear.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 pm

OMG, looks like CCFE is the only active project ... omg ...

Off-topic: btw, please relate to me about the grammar of CCFE items. If you think you are done, please e-mail me the map. Thx in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Actually (off-topic), Warring Clans is active. Progress is very slow since Rising_Dusk has yet to update his systems to 1.23/1.24, but I AM working on it.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm working on Into the Depths as well. So I'd say there are 3 active projects.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Progress is very slow since Rising_Dusk has yet to update his systems to 1.23/1.24
Which system ?
Personal experience tells me that systems made by Dusk are a bad choice, hope you don't make the same mistakes I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 pm

I've never had a problem with Dusk or his systems; you have a strange vendetta against him.

Only his systems which used H2I need to be updated, and even then I found a workaround; I've got a whole different problem now which has nothing to do with Dusk or his systems.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:02 pm

NO vendetta when his knockback system is poorly coded and when his freakin upgrades break all backwards compatibility. This is the second time it happens, not to mention IDDS. I have reasons and if it depends on me I always advise people to choose other systems made by Vex or Anitarf or even Cohadar.
As for your new problem , what is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 pm

If his knockback system is so "poorly coded", then make one yourself and submit it for others to use. And a lot of coders (Cohadar included) have made code updates which break backwards compatability. It's necessary sometimes; you shouldn't begrudge him for it.

And the new problems was that the map wouldn't load in Wc3, but I fixed it, so progress is in full swing.

MYRE: Work on this, dammit! Razz
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:39 pm

If his knockback system is so "poorly coded", then make one yourself and submit it for others to use.
I prefer to spend time on more important things. Submiting a knockback system in wc3c would be madness, no one would ever moderate it. In fact I believe there is one there ... waiting for a mod.

I understand when radical changes break backwards compatibility, I just don't accept that the creator refuses to give backup when shit happens due the backwards compatibility being broken. Vex and Ani also break comp some times, but they always give people special modules or something else that works for old versions. It's that simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down