Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building Layout

3 posters

Go down

Building Layout Empty Building Layout

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 am

The main base should be divided into 5 parts: Main Building, Altar, Tower, Item Shop, Creep Shop. Only main building would be vulnerable, and the others would need to be in corners of it. These other buildings would be race-specific (In the beginning you choose race and these units become of that race's. After that they are upgraded individually of the main building.). This will need a custom-pathing file but is doable.
Altar: Altar resurrects your hero, either the normal way of waiting or the expensive and instant way. Also, depending on the mode you also train hero here (In race-specific heroes mode.) or in the Taverns in the location where they currently are.
Tower: It is just what it sounds to be, a tower. It shoots creeps and is invulnerable. This means that it cannot be destroyed without destroying the player, this stops people from "Farming" certain players. You either kill the player or get the heck out of there befrore that tower pwns you. There should be many different upgrades for this one.
Item Shop: This place sells items, these items are race-specific. Kinda like ladder shops, with the item quality rising at the time you upgrade your main building. This would make people want to have different races, to have access to wider variety of different items and therefore different strategies. There should be AoE healing scrolls, Debuff scrolls, other support stuff.
Creep Shop: Creep shop sells creeps. Kinda like normal Footies, but these would also be race specific and you would 'unlock' different units as you advance in the tech of your main base. The creeps wouldn't be bought one at a time, but one could buy "Mortar Teams" which would spawn 5 mortar teams in your base. This would add varied units to the game.

This will need a custom pathing-image in the map, then again, they are ridulously easy and fast to create.

Back to top Go down

Building Layout Empty Re: Building Layout

Post by darkwulfv Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Amadi, you can be in charge of the custom pathing maps (since i have no damn idea how to do that).

So, you're saying that for every player there are 5 buildings? (Main, altar, tower, item, creep) That sound awfully cramped. The tower doesn't seem so cramped, but everything else...

You could probably combine the main building with the creep shop, so every tier sells a different creep... or something to that effect.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 pm

It wouldn't take anymore space than the mainbuilding in current maps, really. They are all together in one 'pile' or however you wish to say it. It would actually simplify the game a fair bit, considering that right now footman wars have 1 building + 1-2 Towers for each player, with a creep shop and item shops that are shared with players, creating the buildings related to race would unigue-ify it a fair bit, i feel.

I'll try to get a screenshot of possible layout done.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Okay, that's what I'd need to be able to fully understand it.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:26 pm

This is done quickly in WE, with a pathing file i made just about as quickly.

Building Layout ExamplePathing

The castle is there for comparision, you can notice that the whole system takes up actually LESS space than basic castle would. (Altar is Altar, Tower is Tower and Arcane sanctum represents unit shop, whereas Vault is item shop.) Done with humans for the sake of simplicity and quickness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firemonkey Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:48 pm

With involnerable towers they could open up new possiable game modes.
Firemonkey
Firemonkey
Super Active Member
Super Active Member

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh, I see. That actually looks pretty good to me. My only concern is the spawns, but I'm sure it'll be okay.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Before I saw the screenshot, I was thinking it would be cramp. Thanks for the picture. Razz
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down