Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCFE Beta 2.0c

+2
Fewmets
darkwulfv
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CCFE Beta 2.0c - Page 2 Empty Re: CCFE Beta 2.0c

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Ok guys, I have a problem, currently one of the systems I was using (UnitProperties) seems to bug with the map ... so I have to fix this small exploit before I release the alpha version of 2.0 =(

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Fri May 01, 2009 9:12 pm

No rush Phoenix, no rush. Razz
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 am

Ok, I have some free time now, I decided to remove a system that was causing problems in my map, unfortunately I will have to add another (older) system to the map again, but at least this new system is sure to work.

I will keep you guys updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Ok guys, I removed that crappy stat system from Litany and solved a few major problems it was causing. Finally I got some time to work on the project and make some of the mofications. Version 2.0a is on the way !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Ok guys, I finally got some time and things are back on the road once more.
I made major changes to some units, and due the new patch that is coming ... I had to remove some spells ...

This means that although the next version will have more quality, it will have more incomplete heroes because their spells got removed....

Let's see what time awaits...

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't think you had to remove hero spells entirely... I'm sure you could've gone in and done some tweaking to replace instances of H2I with GetHandleId (or whatever the function is). It'd be easier than remaking a bunch of hero spells.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 pm

I am well informed and I know the tricks. But the spells in cause don't use only H2I ... they use a lot more of that return bug.
Although a fix would be possible (yet insane) I also believe the project will win if I remove those old spells and systems because it will be more up to date, will be more modular and easier to upgrade in a nearby future.
Finally I will not have to worry about CSSafety or CS_Anything, and I will be able to eradicate Katana's from my project once and for all.

This solution however comes with a heavy price ... Here is the list of things I will certainly lose for version 2.0:
- Shop 2 pages system
- Shop travel system
- NE guided tutorial
- 2 spells from Electron
- Green Pyramid for Chaos Rider

However this is not all bad news ....
This new version will have better spells in some heroes. With time I will also find good spells to replace the old ones ...

yet... I need a strategy for some of my heroes, specially the Chaos heroes...
I tried to create here a thread but it was unsuccessful...

As usual, I am open to suggestions ...

And I will have to take new pictures from the map and find a decent place to host them mmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I'll be looking forward to the newer version then. Razz
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Ok guys, new version is out. I decided to make it official, because I changed a lot of stuff and some people were getting impatient (with reason).

Here is the official release comment:

Bump, Ok people, new version is released !!
For more information, please consult the changelog.
Having in mind the upcoming new patch, the project lost many of it's
main system ... I am working under a possible remake of some of them
for 2.0b. However this also allowed to get rid of old code and now the
project will be really easy and fast to update for the patch 1.23b.

Why 2.0a and not 2.0 ?
- The original idea for 2.0 would be
to completely remake the Chaos Orcs and terrain. However I saw that was
not possible and that it would take months to prepare, so I decided to
launch preliminary versions of 2.0. In the end, 2.0 will have the
entire Chaos Orc race changed, but the terrain however will be left for
3.0 maybe.

Hope you all enjoy !
Please give comments and suggestions =D

Hope everybody likes this and makes nice comments with suggestions =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am

Ok, the problem with that crappy phtobucket bandwith limitation is now solved, you all can see images again ! xD
I changed the server to ImageShack =D

However, I lost the colors of the post =(

Anyway, I've been thinking, I will try to release a new version every 2 weeks. Maybe next week I release something but until then I don't know.

So far some of my testers say I really need to balanced the game play, lets see if I can get some help =P

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Am i the only one.. WHO HASNT PLAYED THIS!?
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male
Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-04-30

http://www.sniperswithoutfear.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:24 pm

You should go try it then. You start out choosing a race to play as, then for the rest of the game, your basically playing a melee game but with an AoS-like part to it.
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Ya ... well and I am trying to get a new terrain for the project. Anachron says he will do something Thursday, so I will wait. If the new terrain is good (I expect better!) I will move the entire map to the new terrain... and if I get lucky ... maybe a new system to select races will arrive ... but that is just a "maybe"...
Anyway, wish me luck guys !

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:13 pm

I downloaded it and then had some roadblocks in getting to play it. I think I'll try it later.
Myre
Myre

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:04 am

This.. Game.. Sucks ballsacks. As myre said. Its meele with fucking spawns. I got buttrushed because moo killed my wave with a hero. HOW IS THAT FUN!?
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:34 am

Sorry for the walls of text. I tried to narrow it down into a few categories to make it a little more organized.

Gameplay
Spoiler:

Balance
Spoiler:

Other
Spoiler:

I'm not being harsh, if that's what this comes off as. I Just stating my opinion on several things that I believe would add to the playability of your map.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 am

Castle vs Castle game/map style follows this pattern. This is the best map in this region of maps. If you are an AoS lover, or and RPG player, this map style is not for you.
However the terrain is pretty bad, the bases are outside the castle you are supposed to defend, and there are many balance issues ... I give you that.

I got buttrushed because moo killed my wave with a hero.
Which wave with which hero? If you think there is a balance problem you need to be more specific so I can fix the problem.

but it bothers me a little that you used most, if not all, of the default WarCraft 3 units.
Castle vs Castle map types always have the 4 basic races so the player can be familiar when playing. Adding new races was my idea to make the map more orginal. So yes, I do try to make the game use as many default units as possible, but also giving them som sort of special touch, like creeps having special abilities and so far.

Maybe you should make Undead the build infected buildings instead of the stock Undead buildings, because if I remember correctly Night Elves cannot build on blight and having an Undead neighbor would really put you at a bit of a disadvantage. Either that or change the building specifications on Night Elf buildings.
Unfortunayly for me, it's not just the Night Elfs, it is all races. I intend to fix this problem with a new terrain for the project. Hopefully this new terrain will be started Thurday by Anachron.

I would have to agree with Sniper. A bumrush seems to really offset the game very quickly. With your map being fairly new, new players would be common and a quick bum rush would really discourage them from continuing playing that round and even the map.
So, what do you think ? SHould I make waves more expensive ? SHould I require tiers for waves or increase the starting cooldown?

Other than that since (From what I could tell) default WarCraft units are used there really isn't much balancing to be done.
Except for the new races and items, which according to some of my testers are a pain in the ass because you can rape entire bases in few seconds... I am trying to fix thatas well xD

It's pretty much all up to the players skill in mellee games. The two customs just have to be tailored to go up against the other four races effectively. On another note involving newer players, if the map is largely similar to mellee, players who are proficient in playing those games will have a massive advantage over those that don't play them often, if at all. Maybe make the game a little less mellee oriented.
Melle orientation is the main purpose of the game, but the idea is to make this "region" of maps new, by adding news items and unique capabilities other maps of the same region don't have. This sort of maps is played mostly by clans in clan wars.

There are also a few errors in grammar, but I seem to recall you learning English as a second language, so I can't really be hard on you. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
You are correct. People in HIve don't seem to be much better at english than I am (lol) ... so you could provide me some correction for the grammar, I would really appreciate it.

I'm not being harsh, if that's what this comes off as. I Just stating my opinion on several things that I believe would add to the playability of your map.
Your criticism is very appreciated, mainly because it is very constructive. Yet I would like to know what you as a player of the map, would like to see in the project (except for a decent terrain, which is being made).

Please note that your opinion does matter.
And if you played with Ud, trying playing the Chaos Orcs, this race is being totally remade, and I am sure people will like a lot when it's done.

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Chaos orc was the race i played. The description for the fountain was so damn long? I dont give a damn about the story i need to know what its purpose is.
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Chaos orc was the race i played. The description for the fountain was
so damn long? I dont give a damn about the story i need to know what
its purpose is.
And yet you lost !? I guess the game is more balanced than I think lol...
Anyway, after thinking and considerating, I concluded that you are probably right. A history field in that building makes no sense, when all other buildings have no history fields, and when all other default races have no history field as well...
I guess I will remove it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooo-Gunsniper Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Flame_Phoenix wrote:

I got buttrushed because moo killed my wave with a hero.
Which wave with which hero? If you think there is a balance problem you need to be more specific so I can fix the problem.

Well, I rushed to get out 1 priestess of the moon and 1-2 archers, then helped attack with the south west spawns. The spawns any my group of archers + hero started to build up pretty quickly and when we passed by sniper's base, they started attacking him instead of the castle.
Sniper managed to pump out a hero (Grom, I think) before we got to his base, but we managed to kill him off. Poor sniper had to use his chaos peons to kill units off one by one after destroying his burrow.

That's probably what he means. It takes only 1 hero or a few units for the spawns to build up quickly.
Mooo-Gunsniper
Mooo-Gunsniper
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:39 pm

That's probably what he means. It takes only 1 hero or a few units for the spawns to build up quickly.
Using such a technique an experienced player would have no problems killing almost anyone ...

Here is what I plan to do:
- Knight, rifleman, Gryfons and mortars will have a bigger initial wait (so in the start you only have little footies to help you).

As for the waves ... I have some ideas, but the mechanisms are not implemented yet... so I have no ideas to prevent that but to give the spanws longer cooldowns ...

As for Grom hero... he picked up one of the worst, but I can't blame him, the other heroes are not made yet. Tavern heroes would be a better choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myre Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:58 pm

So, what do you think ? SHould I make waves more expensive ? Should I require tiers for waves or increase the starting cooldown?

I think tiers would help, but keep in mind that bum rush is always a viable option with the ability to send money to others for upgrading the tiers.

If you want me to help correct the grammar, you could send me an unprotected copy of the map before you release it and then I could correct it all and send it back. That would be way easier then scouring through the game and making a list for you.
Myre
Myre

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sniperwolf777 Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Also, The purchasable chaos ability, I didnt buy it Yet the units used the ability.
sniperwolf777
sniperwolf777
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm

I think tiers would help, but keep in mind that bum rush is always a
viable option with the ability to send money to others for upgrading
the tiers.
This is a team game, sharing resources is something people should do.
There is
the solution for this problem. My original idea would be to make the waves depend on the level of the player (if you didn't know, each player has a multiboard icon that says the level of the player). However making this system work would be costly in terms of time...

If you want me to help correct the grammar, you could send me an
unprotected copy of the map before you release it and then I could
correct it all and send it back. That would be way easier then scouring
through the game and making a list for you.
Having in mind CCFE is open source I have no problems in sending you the map for an evaluation, as long as you follow the rules of the TXT file I always send.
I will send you the map, once I finish the preparations for beta 2.0b.

Also, The purchasable chaos ability, I didnt buy it Yet the units used the ability.
Don't worry, that bug was already reported and fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Ok guys, here it is, after 2 weeks the new version of CCFE 2.0b
I will now try to release 2.0c in two weeks as well, but I make no promises, there is still a lot of work to be done.

Now, I cough*remember some one*cough offered his help to fix spelling and grammar mistakes on the project. Now that this version is release, I would like to know if the offer is still valid, because I intend to take it xD

Comments on upgrades and suggestions are welcome. This time I made some major fixes and fixed some important balancing issues with the casters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next