Clan BFaC's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Hero Contest (PRE-JUDGING)

Go down

Minor Hero Contest (PRE-JUDGING) Empty Minor Hero Contest (PRE-JUDGING)

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm

I decided to judge all your heroes now. This is NOT final, nor does it mean anything. All the scores are for your reference so you can improve your heroes before the final scoring.

Don't forget, you're allowed a second entry!

Everyone will get their own posts.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://clanbfac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Minor Hero Contest (PRE-JUDGING) Empty Re: Minor Hero Contest (PRE-JUDGING)

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Sniperwolf777:

Overview:

A good idea. I like the idea of a pyromancer, especially with the undead. Good choice utilizing corpses, as that’s a big thing with the undead. It’s a simple setup, but they work well.

Creativity: (7/15)
All the names had "fire" in them. No-No. The spells were, for the most part, fairly creative. I liked the use of corpses in Fiery Eruption, but his ultimate has been done before in all sorts of places. Firewall seems literally copied from Diablo… like you said. Fiery Aura feels too simple to me.

Usefulness: (10/15)
I can see this hero being quite useful on the battlefield. I think one of his spells could serve to do more with corpses, however. Firewall is definitely good, as it can cover a decent range of the field and inflict good damage. Fiery Aura seems useless, unfortunately, so I had to dock you there. His ultimate seems pretty good, but only if timed well (eg: When there’s lots of dead units).

Abilities: (6/10)
Fiery Eruption, (besides being misnamed), is a good spell; however it should be more corpse orientated rather than just “explodes the unit when it dies”. Fiery aura feels useless, and doesn’t fit this hero. Fire Wall is a decent ability; I can see it being useful. His ultimate felt rushed, and more of a basic skill than an ultimate. However, it uses fire and corpses, which is a plus.

Other: (5/10)
The name is… meh. I do like your hero choice though. Pyromancer = Good. The spell names were meh. You didn’t even give one for the ultimate. 3 of his spells fit well; Fiery Aura seems completely random. Doesn’t fit well. This hero needs more corpse-utilizing spells; I would definitely make that his complete theme.

Overall: (28/50) (56%).
Not a passing grade. This hero needs work, but the base idea is rock solid and I like it a lot.

Last edited by darkwulfv on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Firemonkey:

Overview:

This hero looks completely random. You made this a Nature hero, but only his 2nd and ulti can be put under Nature. You also didn’t tell me what kind of hero he was…

Creativity: (4/15)
Completely random, honestly. Plus, the skills were mediocre at best. Flame Circle is midly creative, but only to a very low degree. The other 3 seem rushed.

Usefulness: (12/15)
While this hero is random, it covers a pretty decent range of effects; slowing, damage over time, AoE damage, buffing, debuffing. It’s a good jack-of-all-trades. This makes for a useful hero, but the fact that his spells do not fit his themes doesn’t help.

Abilities: (4/10)
Abilities failed. I say it again; they were random at best. Lightningbolt doesn’t fit this hero at all. Also, lightning bolts (1-hit + slow) is not original. Wolf Bite could’ve been better if you did something more with it, but just “bleed” is kind of boring. Flame Circle, like Lightningbolt, doesn’t fit this hero. You also did not specify if it damaged enemies nearby; if it did, that’d be kind of cool, but pretty much a remake of Lightning shield. Ultimate looks ripped from Ninjas on B.net (uber wookie roar? Wtf?) It’s also too basic for an ultimate; just an Area buff, Area debuff. Wow.

Other: (4/10)
Name… meh. Hero idea? What hero idea? You gave none. Abilities feel random and tossed together, and I’m not seeing any way that these spells work together to make a hero.

Overall: (24/50) (48%)
Failing grade. I wouldn’t use this hero, personally. It fits no theme and has no feel. The abilities are hashed together (think heroes w/ random melee abilities). This hero needs a lot of work.

Last edited by darkwulfv on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:12 pm

CaptainFluffy:

Overview:

Thanks for filling out all the fields. This hero fully fits its theme; water. And Guardian seems to fit well too, as I’m seeing a lot of support and defense spells. However, It seems more based around making the hero as omgimba as possible.

Creativity: (13/15)
This hero is well made, for the most part. It seems well thought out, and the abilities are, mostly, creative. The hero himself, though, seems a bit generic; a Naga Guardian. It’s been done before. However, I like how the abilities mesh together with this hero.

Usefulness: (13/15)
This is a really useful hero. He’s a great support hero, and as a computer-controlled hero this makes him a good choice. I can see this hero doing a lot in the ways of getting a push forward. Not a huge fan of his ultimate, though. I can see it being useful only for the sake of making him deal craploads of damage. He’s also not a big damager, which is okay for a support hero, but I think one damager ability would be good.

Abilities: (8/10)
Nice abilities. Not much to say other than they do a good job of support. I would say they’re too complicated, but since it’s an AI hero it’s not too much to worry about. However, if you do decide to, try and keep the abilities from doing too much (Sea Armor falls under this trap). Poseidon’s Fury I’m not liking. It doesn’t really fit this hero all that much. He just suddenly becomes omginsane. Plus, the tradeoff makes the ability kind of useless.

Other: (7/10)
Hero name is, for the most part, alright. Might want to change it a little, but that’s me. The abilities work together well to make a good support hero, which is important when making a hero. However, I felt like the abilities did a bit too much. Your idea is solid, and the abilities are almost there.

Overall: (41/50) (82%)
his is a good hero. The abilities fit well, the idea is good, and the hero is useful. The hero still needs some work, but for the most part it’s really good. Solid base, and good abilities to work with.

darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Cow3:

Overview:

This hero looks a little rushed. I’m not sure what kind of hero this is (caster, melee, etc.), or what his purpose is. All I know is he has lightning.

Creativity: (5/15)
This hero is drab, the be honest. Nothing about this hero stands out to make it special. The abilities are kind of dull. This hero lacks the spark (pun intended) needed to really make it stand out.

Usefulness: (9/15)
While the abilities are… meh, I can’t see anything that would make this hero too useless. While I can’t say he’d be my first pick for a hero, if I got stuck with him it wouldn’t bug me too terribly much. However, nothing seems to fit well together that would make him useful for anything in particular.

Abilities: (4/10)
Abilities are really basic, and not in a good way. What I’m seeing is: Slowing attack, AoE damage over time, random damage (already done by the Ohm Smasher), and a mass AoE damage. They don’t work well together, and don’t seem that well thought out.

Other: (7/10) While the hero fits his theme (lightning), “Lightning Spearman” is a really boring name for a hero. I’m not a big fan of how this hero was put together, it seems rushed and not as well thought out as it could be. I would do more with using lightning somehow. It’s a really variable element. A lot of different things can be done with it.

Overall: (25/50) (50%)
Failing grade. This hero needs a LOT of work, mainly in the ability department. The base idea isn’t bad, but you need to work on the abilities and how they work together, and think up some better abilities for him to use. By the way, Bladestorm is not an independent effect; I can’t use it for spells. Sorry.

darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwulfv Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Wolf_Knight:

Overview:

A night hero, yay! I’m not liking the dependence on it being night. It’s better to make the spells better during the night, not unusable during the day. It limits the hero severely. Not to mention, to be honest, the abilities you offered for night-time only kind of stink.

Creativity: (10/15)
It’s a good start. The names are pretty creative for what they do, which I like. I smell synergy (Night Fall + Sleep Walk + Shadow Dagger), which is excellent, especially in an AI hero. However, the abilities seem a little
too Blizzard, in that they’re just rehases/combinations of Blizzard skills. Normally I would be okay with this, but since all damage has to be triggered, it makes working with Blizzard skills really really hard. Oh, and Shadow Dagger (blink strike, basically) has been done way too often before.

Usefulness: (6/15)
You faltered in this area. This hero is really only good for sniping a hero every once in a while. Her ultimate isn’t bad, but since it’s an ultimate, it’s not something you can go insane with. Sleep Walk and Night Fall do almost nothing, and Shadow Dagger requires it to be night time. Basically, if it’s not night, this hero can’t do crap. And when it is night, it can finally use its ability, but that’s only useful for taking down core targets/heroes.

Abilities: (6/10)
While the ideas are okay, the abilities themselves are “meh” at best. Night Fall is good for starting combos here, but other wise it’s useless. Shadow Dagger has been done before in so many variations. It’s useful and would likely look cool, but in an AI hero it would be near impossible to use well (the hero would basically get itself owned.) Sleep Walk is a decent escape, but since this is a ranged hero, wind walk doesn’t work well for it. It would be a little imbalanced if used on a human hero (Shadow Dagger + Sleep Walk), but it’s not as useful on an AI hero. Twilight could be a really interesting ability, but I feel like its lacking something. Not sure what.

Other: (6/10)
“Twilight Queen, the Guardian of the Night”? Besides sounding weird, it’s also kind of a stale name. Both of them. This hero fits its night theme well, but as stated before, the abilities are a little iffy. The setup isn’t bad, and it’s a good base for a hero.

Overall: (28/50) (56%)
Failing grade. This hero does seem to have some thought put into her, but her abilities are her weak point. She isn’t useful (you lost a lot of points there) due to her lack of abilities that do much of anything, and her dependence on it being night. While I understand she has an ability for that (waste of a slot), it’d be harder to pick up for an AI hero. I would rework her from the ground up. Keeping the sneakiness is okay for this hero, but she needs
some work.
darkwulfv
darkwulfv
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down